IPM know many of you will be excited for term to be ending and be raring to get back home for Christmas and the winter break. For all those tenants leaving their IPM Lancaster student accommodation and heading home for the festive season, here’s an easy checklist of things to be done at your Lancaster student home before leaving:
- Ensure that all windows and doors to the property are locked and secure
- Leave your accommodation clean and tidy (landlords/contractors will most likely visit the properties at some point during the vacation)
- Store all valuable items that you’re leaving out of sight and in a safe place
- Remove perishables from the fridge (no one wants to come home to out of date milk!)
- DO NOT turn off your fridge/freezer
- DO NOT turn off your boiler
- Don’t worry about your thermostat (they automatically adjust for the house being empty). You don’t need to turn the heating off for the winter break as your EcoStat has an automatic frost setting.
- Remember to turn off your Christmas tree lights before leaving
- If you know your neighbours, ask them to pop your bins out for you so they’re empty when you get back
- For any tenants staying in Lancaster over the holidays, please be aware the IPM office will be closed from the 22nd of December 2022 and will reopen on the 3rd of January 2023.
If you’re staying here for Christmas, and have an emergency in your IPM Lancaster student accommodation, the IPM out of hours number is still active throughout the whole of the festive break. You will find the emergency out of hours number on your notice board.
If you’re staying in Lancaster over the winter break, there are lots of fantastic events happening in Lancaster and Morecambe over the winter break, here’s a link to the Visit Lancaster website to find out more.
To keep up with everything IPM, Lancaster, student accommodation and events visit the IPM blog page for more.
Whether you’re staying in Lancaster or going home for the festive break, here at IPM Lancaster we wish you a safe and Happy Christmas and all the very best for the New year! See you in 2023!