IPM know many of you will be excited for term to be ending and be raring to get back home for Christmas. For all those tenants leaving their IPM Lancaster student accommodation and heading home for the festive season, here’s an easy checklist of things to be done at your Lancaster student home before leaving:
- Ensure that all windows and doors to the property are locked and secure
- Leave your accommodation clean and tidy (most landlords will visit their properties at some point during the vacation)
- Store all valuable items that you’re leaving out of sight and in a safe place
- Remove perishables from the fridge (no one wants to come home to out of date milk!)
- DO NOT turn off your fridge/freezer
- DO NOT turn off your boiler
- Don’t worry about your thermostat (they automatically adjust for the house being empty)
- Remember to turn off your Christmas tree lights before leaving
- If you know your neighbours, ask them to pop your bins out for you so they’re empty when you get back
- For any tenants staying in Lancaster over the holidays, please be aware the IPM office will be closed from the 20th of December 2021, and will reopen on the 4th of January 2022
If you’re staying here for Christmas, and have an emergency in your Lancaster student accommodation, the IPM out of hours number is still active throughout the whole of the festive break.
There are also some events happening at the university throughout December, such as the ‘Hygge- let’s get cosy (over the Christmas Vacation)’ event on the 20th of December. This is a comforting event for any Lancaster students to attend over the winter break, its free and sounds like a great opportunity to spend time with others. The Hygge event is taking place in the County Common Room and involves free vegan stew, hot chocolate, sharing stories, creating art and making new friendships. For more information, or to book your place on the ‘Hygge- lets get cosy event’ visit the Lancaster University website here.
There are lots of fantastic events happening in Lancaster over the winter break, here’s a link to our blog post on ‘What’s happening in Lancaster this Winter’.
Whether you’re staying in Lancaster or going home over the Festive break, here at IPM we wish you a safe and happy Christmas and all the very best for the New year! See you in 2022!